Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Introductions


Welcome to the Tinkering Lab!

Although I consider myself to be a maker, I sometimes feel I don't measure up creatively. I also like to think of myself as a hacker, but that conjures up images of computer vandals. I also lack the skillz. I'm a weekend warrior with no time. A tech geek with no budget.

So let's just call me a tinkerer.

This blog will be my dumping grounds for general tinkering and geek-foolery. I want to have a place to document projects so that others may share in my fun. Or so I can just have someplace to turn to see "now how did I do that again?"

Topics may include: linux, model rocketry, home theater, tools, computers, cars, woodworking, tech toys, hacking, home remodeling, ham radio, cooking, movies, or even origami. Whatever tickles my geek.

One downside to being a tinkerer is that there is often a limited attention span to any one project. Sometimes I may have 3 or 4 projects started sitting on a back burner. Sometimes a project may be put on hold while I deal with other responsibilities in life. So maybe, and I hope, this blog will help me to be able to return to those shelved projects and even help me to grow my tinkering passion.

P.S. The older posts appearing here have been relocated from my other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment